Friday, September 23, 2011

Waiting for the calm

What a week! (and i'm saying this with still 2 days to go before its officially over). It's been all systems go with the theme of the week being missions. On Sunday Nate (one of my house mates) had his mission farewell; he gave a great talk and the get together afterward was fun. As if that wasn't enough excitement for one day, I got a certain text message that night from home saying Dan had got his mission call. As it turns out he is going to the one place I said he wouldn't go...Auckland New Zealand..figures :p Still, my little brother is going on a mission...wierd. The only thing that bites about this whole thing is I wont get to see him for another 2 years, but then I guess he'll be where he's supposed to be :)

Dan and Great Grandma

Tuesday involved a trip to Temple square with Nate to find some absolutely delicious raspberry muffin tops. However, distaster struck when we were told that those muffin tops our now only baked three days a week....definitely a blow. However, one consulation is the fact that we were in Temple Square on a beautiful day when it was relatively quiet. What else am I going to do but take photos? ;)


This one was an accident but i like it ;)


Lovin the colours :)


Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty full on too as Nate got set apart and was dropped off at the MTC. With all of this, it really got me thinking about Dan and home. You'd think i'd be used to being away from the place by now but nope....ah well...it's a learning experience right? :) Here's hoping getting used to the US again wont take that long...even if I still have people asking me to speak English ;)

My American Family :)



2 comments:

  1. lol :) "are you speaking spanish?" hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting times! Great news about Dan, funny you thought he would never go there. The other funny thing about serving in NZ is that he may just add a few pounds on as they LOVE to feed the missionaries I hear over there, so next time you see him he may be a little rounder!

    ReplyDelete